Calligram





This project was really fun to make. It took a lot of learning how to use the tools properly but after you get a hang of it, it was an enjoyable project to make. I struggled with trying to get all the words into the right format to really outline the butterfly but I'm proud of the piece I created. 

    My inspiration for the butterfly came from a series of quotes that I often reflect on, "Your wings already exist, all you have to do is fly." and "spread your wings and fly." These quotes are inspiring to me because its saying you have the ability to do what you put your mind too.  

    This project took me about 3 hours to create. 


Dear future me, 

            20 years from now I hope that you’re truly happy. You have experienced so much so far in your 19 years of life that has shaped you into the person you are now and the person you’ll be 20 years from now. You are such a unique, beautiful, caring person I wish the whole world could know that. You’ve faced many struggles and hardships that only made you stronger, wiser and more aware of what’s right and wrong for yourself. I believe that 20 years from now, you will be successfully running dads’ firm hopefully with Monique by your side, you guys will dominate! Mom and Dad will be so proud. I definitely see you having a beautiful family with 2 or 3 kids, 2 boys and a girl. I don’t really know where I could see you living though, Florida is nice and has made you the happiest you’ve ever been but is it permanent? I guess well find out. I wonder if the person you’re with now, will be with you in 20 years, I sure hope so. I feel that you and he go together perfectly, you’ve taught each other so much, you care and support one another, and you’ve been a part of each other’s lives since childhood, he’s your ongoing childhood sweetheart. As I look at you and him now, I see an everlasting future, happy and filled with love. I really believe that the people who are in your circle now, your close friends, are forever. Theyre real ones and they’ve definitely proven that. You don’t need a lot of friends, all you need is people who are going to stay true to you and love you for you. Your parents have taught you so much. They’ve experienced more than we have so theyre the right people to look up too. Helena, you are capable of so much. “youre wings already exist, all you have to do is fly.” “spread your wings and fly.” 

Comments

  1. I like how the butterfly is representative of where you see yourself in the future, and its well done and the colors go nicely.

    ReplyDelete

  2. The butterfly is represented well in you're design. I think the use of color really worked well here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi!! i love butterflies so this project really stood out to me. I really like the use of color and the story behind it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This project was done beautifully. I love that you included the piece of poetry that was so important to you. I think the best art comes from a connection to what you are producing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colors you used and I love how elegant it looks. I think butterflies are a beautiful symbol, this was well done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment